08/03/2016 Lesson Recap
Hi everyone! Last night I rode Bradley in my lesson. For some reason he was really angry when I tacked him up and kept pinning his ears back, but a few cookies solved that problem. As soon as I stuffed him full of cookies he was happy again. In my lesson this week we worked on the sitting trot, loops, and flying lead changes.

(This is what a loop is in case anyone is wondering ^^)
The first thing I did was warm him up and do some stretches with him. After he was warmed up he was very bendy and supple. Although when I asked for the canter he wanted to race around like a crazy horse so I half halted and put him on a circle to slow him down. After he was going nicely at the canter, he then decided to be a brat and throw in a few bucks XD.
After the canter we worked on our flying lead changes. At the beginning he was bucking when I asked for the change but eventually I finally got a flying change out of him that didn't include a buck. It wasn't pretty but at least we finally got a non dramatic flying change.

After that we worked on no stirrup sitting trot on a circle. Bradley went nice and round and didn't throw his head up in the air, and I didn't look down on my circle yay!. Then lastly we worked on some loops. I have just started doing loops so they are not very pretty yet. Overall it was a pretty good lesson except for the fact that my horse was being a little brat.
(This is what a loop is in case anyone is wondering ^^)
The first thing I did was warm him up and do some stretches with him. After he was warmed up he was very bendy and supple. Although when I asked for the canter he wanted to race around like a crazy horse so I half halted and put him on a circle to slow him down. After he was going nicely at the canter, he then decided to be a brat and throw in a few bucks XD.
| Warning up at the trot. |

After that we worked on no stirrup sitting trot on a circle. Bradley went nice and round and didn't throw his head up in the air, and I didn't look down on my circle yay!. Then lastly we worked on some loops. I have just started doing loops so they are not very pretty yet. Overall it was a pretty good lesson except for the fact that my horse was being a little brat.

Comments