Hi everyone! Today I rode Dodge. I had photos but sadly my mom accidentally deleted them from my camera XD. It was very warm today so he didn't have his blanket on when I got to the barn today. But it was also muddy today and he is a paint so he was very dirty today. To start of our ride I first rode him on a long loose rein at the walk and the trot to warm him up and to stretch out his muscles. After that we did some trot to halt transitions to get him listening to my aides. He did pretty well with the halts. I just need to work on making sure he halts square and strait all the time and not just sometimes.
I then did some haunches in and some shoulder in with him. He did really well with the shoulder in but we need to work some more on the haunches in.
 |
| Shoulder in Haunches in |
I then did some three loop serpentine's. He did really well with these. I just need to work on turning sooner because some of my turns were a little bit late.
After that I did some spiraling in spiraling out on a circle. He did really well with the larger circle but he had a little bit of trouble with the smaller circle because he is such a big boy.
Then lastly I worked on some flying lead changes. He is awesome at these and does the most amazing flying lead changes.
After our ride since it was nice out and not snowy and cold I took him for a little trail ride to cool him off. Overall it was a really good ride and he was such a good boy! I can't wait for our first show! :)
Comments