Double Trouble
Hi everyone! So, yesterday I was able to ride both of the boys which was great! First I rode dodge. We mostly worked on getting him more round at the trot.
After a lot of half halts I finally got him there. We also worked on extended trot. And for the first time ever I actually got a few steps of extended trot out of him. I am so proud of him! Then we worked on keeping him more uphill at the canter and getting his canter more collected because sometimes dodge likes to dive on the forehand at the canter.
Luckily he didn't do that today and our canter today was lovely. Then lastly we went over our dressage tests for our show that is coming up soon. Then after I rode Dodge I had a quick ride on Bradley. Bradley is now sort of semi retired so we don't do to much with him.
For my ride on Bradley I just did a little walk, trot, and canter both ways to warm him up and then I took him for a hack which he really enjoyed. Recently at my barn they added some new trails, so we decided to explore those and had a lot of fun.
I think I might hack him again on Sunday and I will try to get some video of the trail ride because sadly I forgot to bring my camera on the trail today. Overall I had a good ride on both horses and I am so proud of my boys. Also I can't wait for my first show that is coming up in two weeks.
After a lot of half halts I finally got him there. We also worked on extended trot. And for the first time ever I actually got a few steps of extended trot out of him. I am so proud of him! Then we worked on keeping him more uphill at the canter and getting his canter more collected because sometimes dodge likes to dive on the forehand at the canter.
Luckily he didn't do that today and our canter today was lovely. Then lastly we went over our dressage tests for our show that is coming up soon. Then after I rode Dodge I had a quick ride on Bradley. Bradley is now sort of semi retired so we don't do to much with him.
For my ride on Bradley I just did a little walk, trot, and canter both ways to warm him up and then I took him for a hack which he really enjoyed. Recently at my barn they added some new trails, so we decided to explore those and had a lot of fun.
I think I might hack him again on Sunday and I will try to get some video of the trail ride because sadly I forgot to bring my camera on the trail today. Overall I had a good ride on both horses and I am so proud of my boys. Also I can't wait for my first show that is coming up in two weeks.





Comments