04/0/2016 Ride Recap: Sir Bucks Alot

Hi everyone! On Monday I had a really good ride on Bradley. For the past little while he has been in consistent work again, so that is really great. To start off our ride we did some long and low stretchy walk and trot both directions to get him warmed up and working over his back. He did pretty well with this but he needs to learn to slow down and use his hind end more. Also eventually I would like to get him stretching a little bit longer and lower.


 Then after that we worked on some lateral work. He hasn't done any for a while so it wasn't that great. Next we did some haunches in, haunches out, shoulder in, and some turn on the haunches. Normally he has some trouble with the turn on the haunches but he did so well at it today :)! Then we did some extended and collected trot and worked on some spiral in, spiral out circles. He did so well with these and was using his hind end nicely and was going very round :).



Then lastly when we cantered for some reason he felt the need to do some huge bucks XD. I think he was just scared of the jump standards that were there but he has never had a problem with them before. I also think that maybe he was just throwing one of his bratty tantrums, but you never know. Then after our ride I took him on a nice little hack and he was back to being a perfect little angel. Bradley can be such a dork sometimes XD. Bye everyone, see you later and I hope that you are all having a nice summer so far! :)

Comments

Popular Posts