Dressage ride on Bradley!

Hi guys! It has been really cold here lately and for the past two months I have only been able to ride Bradley about once a week. Last Sunday I had a very good ride on him. I didn't do much because he was a little bit out of shape (And fat! I am having trouble doing his girth up XD) . First I did some long and low work with him to get him to stretch and warm up his muscles. I did this at all three gates. Then I did some circles with him. I first made a 20 meter circle and then asked him to make a smaller circle to and then a large circle again to get him moving off of my leg and listening to my aids. Then after that I worked on some extension and some collection with him. He was absolutely amazing (and didn't throw his head up in the air like a giraffe :D)! He was so supple today and listened to my aids really well. Then to finish off the ride I did some extension and collection at the canter. He really enjoys doing extension at the canter and sometimes gets a little fast lol. Then after that I took him for a little trail ride to cool him off and untacked him. Overall it was a pretty good ride considering he hadn't been ridden in over a week. :)
                                            (Bradley being cute in the crossties <3)

Comments

Popular Posts